MIAMI — United Airlines reported a $857 million pre-tax profit for the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2016 this morning, down just 2.3% year-over-year. Net profit after tax for the quarter
- High Flyer Interview: Mark Schwab, CEO, Star Alliance MIAMI — Mark Schwab is CEO of Star Alliance Services GmbH, founded in 1997, where he and his team coordinate the development and strategies of the world’s first global airline...
- WestJet Kicks Off Mesa Service Canadian carrier Westjet inaugurated today a service to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport from Calgary. A second service from Edmonton is set to start next Saturday, January 21. Service between Calgary and...
- Safran to buy Zodiac Aerospace in $9 billion deal MIAMI — French aerospace firm Safran SA said Thursday it had agreed to buy Zodiac Aerospace in a deal valued at $9 billion. According to Safran, “the transaction would create...
- American Airlines to Add Basic Economy Fare MIAMI — American Airlines has formally launched its Basic Economy fare class, set to go for sale from next Friday, February 10 in “select markets”. Similar to United Airlines, American...
MIAMI — Work on the first Embraer E195-E2, the largest member of the next generation of regional jets of the Brazilian airframer is on track and progressing well. The company
MIAMI — On Wednesday, United is set to hold its annual investor’s call to go over its 2016 performance. Rumors from internal sources have begun surfacing that some sort of
MIAMI — Air India is adding its fifth U.S. destination in July 2017 with the resumption of service to Washington
MIAMI — Late last week, details emerged about Boeing’s latest addition to its 737 MAX narrowbody family, the 737 MAX
It seems that with greater and greater frequency, JetBlue launches new services to exotic destinations. Wednesday January 4, 2017 was
LONDON — Less than three years after it was pulled back from the brink of bankruptcy by Etihad Airways, Alitalia
MIAMI – A MyCargo Airlines Boeing 747-400F crashed while performing a missed approach procedure to runway 26 at Manas International
Canadian carrier Westjet inaugurated today a service to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport from Calgary. A second service from Edmonton is set to start next Saturday, January 21. Service between Calgary and
MIAMI — The US Department of Transportation (DOT) has formally instituted a Slot Assignment Proceeding, in order to allocate slots at New York JFK and Mexico City airports, which Delta
MIAMI — Mark Schwab is CEO of Star Alliance Services GmbH, founded in 1997, where he and his team coordinate the development and strategies of the world’s first global airline
It seems that with greater and greater frequency, JetBlue launches new services to exotic destinations. Wednesday January 4, 2017 was another one of those days when the New York-based carrier
- Onboard Air France’s New Dreamliner: Revamped Premium Economy and Connectivity 0
- Exclusive on-Location: Bienvenido a Cuba, Southwest! 0
- Qatar Airways Wins World’s Best Business Class: Is it Deserved or Just Marketing Hype? 3
- Exclusive First Trip Report: American Airlines International Premium Economy 0
MIAMI — For Airbus and Boeing, as with many storied institutions in the Western world, 2016 was a year of roiling change and relative decline. Objectively speaking, 731 net orders
TOULOUSE — January 12, 2017 is a truly memorable day in Iranian aviation history. Iranian television broadcast live when flight IR700 from Toulouse landed at Tehran’s Mehrabad airport today at
Here’s the summary of our newest issue, just for you! The 251st issue of Airways Magazine since 1994: This issue begins with a very special Airways Feature. Our Publisher and Editor-in-chief ENRIQUE PERRELLA brings us a fabulous behind-the-scenes at the
This week in the Network Beat bonus segment of the Airways Podcast, Airways Senior Business Analyst Vinay Bhaskara and Columnist Rohan Anand discuss Aeroflot looking into potential joint ventures (0:28),