Paging all our readers, followers, aviation enthusiasts, spotters and industry members located east of 30 degrees west!
We would like to invite you to our first Airways Spot & Greet, a unique aviation-themed full-day event, available only for 40 people.
This year’s Airways Spot & Greet will be an all-aviation vintage/spotting day, hosted by our Editor in Chief, Enrique Perrella, and Airways Columnist, Captain Alan Carter.
Our day begins at London-Heathrow’s best airplane spotting locations during peak hours for arrivals and departures, where you will enjoy the stunning ‘heavies’ that make it the third busiest airport in the globe.
After spending the morning spotting the several A380s and 747s that fly into this busy airport, we’ll hop on our private Open Top Bus which will offer a birds-eye view of London-Heathrow’s surroundings as we travel to our next destination: the Brooklands Museum.
Brooklands, also known as the birth place of English vintage motorsports, is also home to an eclectic aviation museum, where we will enjoy a private tour of the iconic VC10 on site, as well as partaking in a unique Concorde Experience onboard their very own British Airways Concorde.
Our group will be entitled to exclusive access to the aircraft for 35 minutes, which includes a virtual flight on Concorde.
At the museum, our group will also be part of a special reception held by a British Airways Concorde Captain in Brooklands’ own vintage clubhouse and a ride back to the Thistle Hotel to enjoy the evening departures and dinner.
Following our museum experience, we’ll head back to the Thistle Hotel to enjoy a full buffet dinner, at the hotel’s terrace, which will be exclusively reserved for our group.
While we dine, don’t put your cameras down, as the terrace features fantastic views of London-Heathrow’s Runway 09L, giving you plenty of opportunities for more photography and getting to know other fellow aviation enthusiasts before moving on to our next scheduled activity of the day.
Yes, this is truly a ‘Vintage’ day out with aviation friends and members of the Airways Editorial Team.
- Meet at Thistle Hotel at 08:30.
- Depart Thistle Hotel at 09:00.
- Arrive Myrtle Avenue / Hatton Cross at 09:30. (Spotting site)
- Depart Myrtle Avenue / Hatton Cross at 11:00. (End of LHR Rush Hour)
- Arrive at Brooklands Museum at 11:45.
- Brooklands reception and canapés with their flying staff present, at 12:00-13:00.
- Brooklands Tours at 13:10-1430.
- Depart Brooklands at 14:45.
- Arrive at Thistle Hotel at 15:30.
- Buffet Dinner 15:30-1645.
- Hotel Terrace for Spotting and Get Together at 15:30-1800.
- End of Spot & Greet.
ALL INCLUDED FOR JUST £140:
- Transportation to/from the Thistle Hotel on a private Open Top Bus.
- Museum Entry
- Aircraft Visits and Simulation (Concorde and VC10),
- Champagne and Canapés Reception with the British Airways Concorde Captain,
- Dinner Buffer at Thistle Hotel
Reserve your slot by filling up the following form:
Make sure you don’t miss the first Airways Spot & Greet!
You will receive a confirmation and payment details shortly after submitting your request.
For more information about this event, please check our Facebook page.
See you all in July!
—The Airways Team