Welcome to the third episode of the Airways Podcast, the digital audio extension of our team’s world class written content. To recap, the idea behind this podcast is to do a weekly deep-dive into three or four important aviation stories or trends, with a particular focus on aerospace and the U.S. airline industry. This is not a news podcast (in fact almost everything we cover will have been written about on the site by the time we discuss it) but rather one focused on in-depth analysis and assessment.
This week’s episode features Senior Business Analyst Vinay Bhaskara and Columnist R. Topics of discussion included:
- The terror attack in Istanbul – what were some of the factors that allowed it to occur and what will the impact be on Turkish aviation?
- What are the impacts of Brexit on commercial aviation and US carriers?
- Are plans from Southeast Asian carriers like Garuda Indonesia to restart service to the US viable?
- What are some of the outcomes we might see as a result of Brazil’s liberalization of foreign ownership of airlines
- What are some of the key takeaways from Iran’s potential order of Boeing airplanes?
As we evolve the format of this new Airways feature, we would love your feedback as we look to find the optimal mix. And for now, consider this “Podcast Unplugged”. We’ll be adding production value enhancements as we move forward, in addition to special guests and contributors. Please let us know your thoughts in the comments below or directly via email.