Airways Magazine

Dynamic Airways to End Fort Lauderdale – Caracas Service

Breaking News

Dynamic Airways to End Fort Lauderdale – Caracas Service

Dynamic Airways to End Fort Lauderdale – Caracas Service
August 02
14:49 2016

MIAMI — Dynamic International Airways has announced the end of its short-lived Fort Lauderdale – Caracas service, to be effective on Saturday August 13, 2016.

Despite the cancellation of the route, the carrier will continue flying to Caracas, now from New York’s JFK Airport with a twice weekly service.

Although the airline declined to explain the reasons behind the decision, the daunting economic crisis affecting the Latin American country has hurt the local market, causing a sharp drop in the demand.

“For passengers with return flights after those dates, Dynamic International Airways recommends not commencing travel unless confident in the ability to secure their own return flight. If passengers choose to take their outbound flight on Dynamic International Airways and secure their own return flight, Dynamic International Airways will refund the unused portions of their travel reservation. Passengers who did not commence their travel before the end of dates are eligible for a full refund,” the carrier said in a statement.

Dynamic is the latest carrier to cancel routes to Venezuela. Just in 2016, GOL, Aeromexico, LATAM (with LAN and TAM Airlines) and Lufthansa joined Air Canada and Alitalia to cut service to the country, which used to be one of the most prosperous in Latin America.

Comments

About Author

Roberto Leiro

Roberto Leiro

Airline and Aviation Writer, with a Fascination for Languages and History, Translator, Incurable Planespotter and Aviation Enthusiast.

Related Articles

13 Comments

1. Carlo Pineda & Giuseppe DiPasquale
    Carlo Pineda & Giuseppe DiPasquale August 02, 17:43

What happens with the tickets bought for flights on October 2016 from Caracas to Ft Lauderdale and back? Will they be automatically reversed to the Credit Card or what?

2. Roberto Leiro
    Roberto Leiro Author August 02, 18:40

I suggest you to contact the airline for assistance.

3. Belkis maza
    Belkis maza August 11, 09:59

What happens with the tickets buy from New York to Caracas on December 2016?

4. Roberto Leiro
    Roberto Leiro Author August 11, 10:04

We recommend you to contact the airline for more information.

5. Benjamin
    Benjamin August 16, 15:27

Terrible airline, can’t believe they’re still up and running. They have just cancelled all their flights to Punta Cana, DR after the 20th, leaving a lot of people in the lurch! as to be expected.

6. Ricky. B
    Ricky. B August 31, 18:56

The worst company ever.

7. luis gil
    luis gil September 02, 13:21

Good afternoon, I would like to know who can help me with the airline?

They have given me false information about my refund related to a cancelled flight route Fort Lauderdale – Caracas. I need my money back. but they do nothing is there a office or any another way for a formal complain this even can give me migrations problems?

8. Roberto Leiro
    Roberto Leiro Author September 02, 14:04

Sorry to hear about your problems. It depends on several factors, (ie, where did you buy the ticket, and if you purchased it directly with Dynamic or through a third party).

9. Luis penso
    Luis penso September 15, 14:53

We are planning to suit the company for fraud… We are still waiting for refund. if anyone wanted to be added please contact me.

10. Sergio
    Sergio September 26, 16:02

This airline is the worst! They have been telling me they will give my money back since two months ago. They always say next Friday next Friday next Friday I’m sick of this.
    We should all take legal actions.

11. Li-tai Rada
    Li-tai Rada October 04, 19:17

I’m also still waiting for refund on my 2 tickets from the Caracas-Fort Lauderdale route cancelled back on August 1st.

12. Gustavo Martinez
    Gustavo Martinez November 09, 10:33

I am not receiving the refund either, what will be the next step?

13. Gustavo Martinez
    Gustavo Martinez November 09, 10:34

sign me up

Only registered users can comment.

Current Issue

Cart

Polls

Would you feel safe flying on a Boeing 737 MAX once the grounding is lifted?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

@airwaysmagazine

Airways YouTube Channel

Polls

Would you feel safe flying on a Boeing 737 MAX once the grounding is lifted?

View Results