MIAMI — Alaska Airlines signed a contract to become the official airline of the San Francisco Giants for the next seven years, increasing the partnership that Virgin America established previously in 2008. In order to commemorate this partnership and Alaska’s commitment to the Bay Area, the company revealed the Airbus 321 featuring the Giants logo and team colors livery, which will begin service early 2018.
Andrew Harrison, chief commercial officer at Alaska Airlines, denoted the meaning behind this partnership:
“Our commitment to San Francisco and our Bay Area employees has never been stronger and, as part of that, we’re thrilled to extend the Giants sponsorship for the next seven years. As the official airline of the Giants, we look forward to supporting both the organization and fans at the airport and on the field for many years to come.”
Moreover, Jason Pearl, Giants senior vice president of partnerships and business development, expressed the joy that The Giants feel to be working along with Alaska Airlines:
“The Giants are grateful to Alaska for recognizing the value we built through our partnership with Virgin America in serving both our baseball fans and airline passengers over the past ten years. We look forward to working with the great people at Alaska to continue enhancing our customers’ experiences both at the park and on the plane through our new and expanded partnership.”
This alliance involves many co-branded elements which will be introduced over the next months, leading into the 2018 season:
- Alaska Airlines customized suite located in AT&T Park’s right field with views of McCovey Cove.
- The naming rights to the AT&T Park Club Level which will be called the “Alaska Airlines Club Level” and be updated to combine the look and feel of the airline with the premium level experiences Giants fans have appreciated on this level of the ballpark.
- The new Giants-themed Airbus A321, operated by Virgin America, will emphasize on the stunning Golden Gate bridge, orange-colored, across the body of the aircraft with the Giants logo above the wing and a large black “SF” on the back section.
Furthermore, this partnership will include many fan-friendly elements:
- Alaska in-flight Giants offers.
- Exclusive vacation packages for Giants fans during the Giants Vacations program.
- Alaska serving as the presenting partner for the Giant Races: a series of foot races such as a Half Marathon, 10k, 5k and Kids Race/Family Relay, held in San Francisco, Sacramento, Scottsdale and San Jose to profit local community associations.
- Follow-up of the extremely popular “Two-For-One” Flight Voucher event for the first 40,000 Giants fans attending a Giants home game each season (The first “Two-For-One” match will be this Sunday, September 17).
- A new twice daily flight from San Francisco to Phoenix, Arizona for Giants fans to experience Spring Training in 2018 (Tickets will go on sale later this year).
Last but not least, Alaska Airlines will support and collaborate with the Giants community programs and initiatives focused on youth and education all around the San Francisco Bay Area, and vice versa.