MIAMI — Malaysian carrier Malindo Air announced that it will be the first customer to operate the Boeing 737 MAX in revenue service. The announcement was made on March 21 at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition. As previously reported by flightglobal, the jetliner will start its service on the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route during the second quarter, and later to Bangkok (Don Mueang) and Guagnzhou. “This new aircraft, which
- High Flyer Interview: Robert Fornaro, President and CEO, Spirit Airlines MIAMI — Robert Fornaro has more 35 years of experience in the airline business. He began his career as director of future schedule planning for TWA. He also served as...
- Malindo Air Named as 737 MAX Launch Operator MIAMI — Malaysian carrier Malindo Air announced that it will be the first customer to operate the Boeing 737 MAX in revenue service. The announcement was made on March 21...
- Analysis: The Virgin America Brand Will Disappear in 2019 MIAMI – Alaska Airlines’s name and brand will live on, as the combined carrier will adopt Alaska’s name and logo sometime in 2019, according to a press release late Wednesday...
- Boeing Sets Date for First 787-10 Flight MIAMI — Boeing has set a date for taking its first 787-10 on its maiden sortie. The airframer announced Wednesday that it has plans to fly the jetliner on March...
MIAMI – Alaska Airlines’s name and brand will live on, as the combined carrier will adopt Alaska’s name and logo sometime in 2019, according to a press release late Wednesday afternoon. The combined carrier, formed when Alaska Airlines acquired Virgin America late in 2016, had been conducting a review of both pre-merger brands (Alaska and Virgin America). However, despite claiming to give careful consideration to the Virgin America brand, which has a strong
MIAMI — United Airlines has opened its automated security checkpoint at Newark Liberty International Airport’s Terminal C, and it includes Premier Access and TSA Precheck security lanes. According to the airline, the new checkpoint features 17 automated screening lanes, which will enhance security effectiveness while decreasing the time travelers spend in security screening by up to 30 percent. “The opening of our fully redesigned, state-of-the-art checkpoint in Newark – New York’s premier trans-Atlantic gateway
MIAMI — Ryanair has taken delivery of its 450th Boeing 737-800 jetliner. The Irish low-cost carrier has been taking 25 aircraft of the type per year in average since 1999. Since the arrival of its first 737-200 back in 1994, Ryanair has become an all-Boeing operator. to date, it has over 380 aircraft in service, all of them but one are 737-800 (the carrier has a sole 737-700 for private charter flights). According
MIAMI — The US government has instructed to nine foreign airlines in the Middle East and Africa that personal electronic
MIAMI — Delta Air Lines will be adding three daily flights to Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport (ORD) from Seattle, starting
MIAMI — As previously reported by AirlineGeeks.com via the airline’s blog, Southwest Airlines has announced the initial routes for its Boeing
MIAMI — International Airlines Group (IAG) has revealed its new long haul low-cost carrier service: LEVEL, to be based at
MIAMI — Next Tuesday, Hainan Airlines will inaugurate the first a nonstop route to Los Angeles (LAX) from Chongqing. This
German carrier Lufthansa introduced to the US market its new flagship long-haul aircraft, the Airbus A350-900, with an inaugural service
- Eastern Air Lines Co-Owner to Divest Stake 0
- Air France Takes Delivery of its First Boeing 787-9 0
- Iran Air to Take Delivery of its First Brand-New Airbus Jetliner 0
- Weak Demand Prompts Two US Airlines to Cancel Cuba Service 0
- All Nippon Airways Unveils a Special Livery for its Airbus A380 fleet 0
- On Location: Interview with Iran Air CEO on New Airbus and Boeing Orders 0